How do I contact Mimesis-Magic.com ?
One of our missions at Mimesis-Magic.com is to ensure that your dealings with us are hassle-free. Our website is designed with user-friendly information. Everything is upfront and easy to find. We have a few "bells & whistles" on our website but never at the expense of clarity.
You can contact us by clicking on: Contact Info or Support.
Is my credit card number safe when I order online ?
Yes ! Your Paypal account is protected by the highest security available. When you enter our shopping cart, all communication is encripted.
What forms of payment do you accept?
On-Line: We accept PayPal only.
If I place my order today, when will I receive it ?
Most orders are shipped the following day. But please allow up to 48 hours (2 weekdays) for processing after you place your order before it will be shipped ---this applies to orders for custom made items ( cards, coins) and HOT/NEW products, where the demand level is being defined. Orders for bulk discounted items will take 4-5 days to process.
After processing time, the shipping time will be based on the delivery option you selected. Ground ship times vary (due to distance) and do not have a guaranteed delivery date. If you strickly need your order by a specific deadline, please contact us in order to confirm whether we can meet your needs.
Our inventory is stocked and maintained at a 90% level. The other 10% is constantly arriving within 2 to 3 days.
How do I know that my purchase is confirmed ?
When you place an order online, you will receive an e-mail to confirm the receipt of your order. Also, when your order ships, you will reveive an email confirming that your order has been shipped.
Do you charge a sales tax ?
Only on orders within Mississippi.
How much does shipping cost ?
We use the UPS calculator provided by UPS to determine shipping prices. These rates come directly from UPS and are calculated based on weight of the item(s) ordered and the distance between us and you. The minimum shipping charge via UPS is $6.00. We also allow you to choose Priorty Mail rather than UPS. When you checkout, you will see the following section on shipping ( the cost of shipping may vary slightly up or down) :
We ship anywhere in the Continental United States and Canada and International.
Do you ship internationally ?
Yes we do. The shipping cost for international orders are displayed during the CHECKOUT process.
What is your return/exchange policy ?
While the sale of MAGICAL goods and services are primarily the selling of "secrets", which once divulged simlply can not be returned. Yet,we do offer an exchange or credit issuing policy as follows:
You can return an item for up to 2 weeks for a full refund or credit, less shipping fees (shipping fees are not refundable). The merchandise that you return must be in sellable condition upon receipt. We cannot accept returned merchandise that is damaged, clearly worn or excessively used or the operating instructions are missing. Merchandise missing the shrink wrapping or plastic shipping bags are acceptable.
Any item(s) being returned must have prior authorization. You must contact us and obtain a return authorization code/number (RAN #). All returns must have a RAN # clearly printed on the outside of the shipping box. For contact information, click here. All refunds are subject to inspection and will be issued at Mimesis Magic's discretion only.
Books, lecture notes, CDs, DVDs, or VHS are non-refundable. If a DVD,CD or VHS is found faulty in materials or workmanship, it will be replaced upon return of the faulty item. In such a case, you must have prior authorization as outlined above.
Note: all returns must be sent by way of a tracable method of shipping. Which means, that if you mail your return, it must be sent with a delivery confirmation. That way, you know we got it and that we need to respond to it in a timely manner.
For our full policy and philosopy on returns/ exchanges, see our Return Philosophy page.
How is my Privacy Protected at Mimesis-Magic.com ?
Can we visit Mimesis Magic's Showroom ?
Yes --- within 6 to 8 months (as of 10/2005) we will have a "brick & mortar" location. Our business philosophy is to build the needed infra-structure via the internet before going "on-site". The administrative process is often harder and longer to implement than the actual on-site contruction process. Twenty-two years of opening 32 restaurants has taught me such !
What is the definition of : MIMESIS ?
mi·me·sis [ m-mss, m- ]
- The imitation or representation of aspects of the sensible world, especially human actions, in literature and art.
- Biology Mimicry.
- Medicine The appearance, often caused by hysteria, of symptoms of a disease not actually present.
[Greek mmsis, from mmeisthai, to imitate, from mmos, imitator, mime.] The creative connection to all things.